This is a very handy passive splitter box for microphone signals.
Based on a box that we use for our own recordings, to monitor live vocals in the room whilst simultaneously sending the microphone signal to a recording preamp.
Simply plug in the microphone to one end and the signal is split by a high quality Sowter transformer. The two output channels may then be sent to separate destinations.
Example uses… one channel could be used to record a vocalist whist the second runs to a PA system. Or send to front of house and the main mixing board. Or even separately to a DAW and tape recording inputs. Or maybe to parallel compressors, or left and right inputs for stereo effects processing, or wet and dry recording.
Model 122 is wired with 1 x female XLR and 2 x male XLRs, and acts as a signal splitter
Model 221 is wired with 2 x female XLR and 1 x male XLRs, and acts as a signal summer / combiner
- Passive electronics. No power required
- Suitable for impedances of 50 to 2000 ohms
- 1:1:1 ratio.
- Ground lift on channel 2 of 100 ohms.
- Frequency range 15 Hz to >40 kHz with 200 ohm load.
- Maximum level: +17dBu
- Mumetal sheilding, rugged aluminium enclosure..
- Connector: XLR3, Pin 2= +ve, Pin 3 = -ve, Pin 1 = Ground
- Weight: 400g. Size 120 x 80 x 40 mm
Note this product is built to order.