This is a ruggedised version of our popular BM9 ribbon microphone, with a 2.5 micrometer ribbon, designed to withstand higher sound pressure volumes found close up in front of guitar amps and other louder instruments. It has a black label and grills to distinguish it from the standard BM9.
The transformer has iron-rich laminations to take a higher signal level before saturation, and a lower inductance to compensate for the bass proximity effect. This gives a flatter, detailed response when working within a few inches of the sound source.
Mechanical parts carry a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Ribbons are warrantied for 1 year from date of purchase, but with care should last many years.
- Output impedance = 250 ohms at 1KHz
- Directional Pattern: True figure-8
- Transducer Element: 2.5 micrometer aluminum ribbon
- Frequency range: <30 Hz – 15 kHz @ ±3dB
- Maximum SPL: 135dB @ 20 Hz
- Proximity effect: Medium
- Electronics: Passive. No power required
- Output transformer*: Custom iron-rich transformer with mu-metal shielding
- Output Connector: XLR3, Pin 2= +ve, Pin 3 = -ve, Pin 1 = Ground
- Weight: 355g (microphone only)
- Made in Yorkshire, UK.*
*We use transformer laminations from Germany and bobbins from the USA.