Designed to be equally at home in front of a guitar amp or a orchestra, the Extinct Audio BM9 brings you the best combination of vintage tone and modern utility. The BM9 is a versatile, low noise ribbon microphone, with strong output, rich bass and clear, detailed top end.
The BM9 is made entirely in the UK*. Metal parts are machined and plated in England, and the transformers and assembly are performed at our facility in York.
Quality control is paramount with ribbon microphones, which is why every ribbon is fitted and tuned by Dr. Stewart Tavener, who has worked on thousands of vintage microphones.
The BM9 is supplied with a solid wood box.
Mechanical parts carry a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Ribbons are warrantied for 1 year from date of purchase, but with care should last many years.
- Pickup pattern – True figure 8
- Impedance – 300 ohms at 1 Khz.
- Other impedances from 30 ohms to 600 ohms available as custom order
- Weight – 355 grams. (microphone only)
- High-nickel custom transformer with mu-metal shielding
*We use transformer laminations from Germany and bobbins from the USA.